Tuesday, March 5, 2013

just because.. living in an apartment is great


This month will make three years I’ve lived in this apartment. Three very long years. It’s a never ending adventure.

There’s a swimming pool in my kitchen. It’s about the size of a puddle, and it comes and goes as it pleases. Its main source of water comes from my refrigerator. Awesome right?

I have two rooms that function as saunas late at night. One of said rooms even has an aromatherapy option. The aromatherapy fragrance of the night is all dependant on the individuals downstairs, but it ranges from apple body wash, some kind of man body wash like axe, and hot poop.

My bathroom is conveniently just the size for one person. If keeping your feet on the ground is to much while sitting on my toilet, the wall is right there for you to prop your feet up on. You can always stand in one spot when reaching for anything on the shelves, but be careful not to drop anything. It’ll go right in my toilet. My shower takes up the entire back of my bathroom, and sorry folks it’s standing room only.

There’s a constant percussion concert coming from my upstairs neighbors. Some days I think it’s a combination of percussion practice and a wrestling match. I think I have a very multi-talented family of 5 living up there.

That gigantic crazy dog barking and scratching at the window downstairs as you enter and head to the second floor? Oh, don’t mind him. You’ll get to hear him howl and bark throughout the night. He’s like a guard dog that sets off a chain reaction, getting all of my dogs riled up and on guard.  

If ever in doubt as to whether or not you should shut off a light, or if they’ve changed up the laundry schedule, you can be reassured there will be post-it notes at eye level. Don’t worry, they won’t fall off. They get taped on.

The free laundry in the basement gives you the added bonus of trying to overcome any fears you may have stemming from ghost stories. Lights? Now that’s just silly who needs those. It’s nice and dark except for right over where the washer and dryer are.  The light is just dim enough to see what you’re doing, but not to read any of the dials or functions. Who really needs to see what cycle the washer is on anyways? 

xo
 


2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! New follower. Found you through the hop! Can't wait to read more stories on your blog!

    Zoe @ www.turquoisebohemian.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is so cute - I esp love the head above your "doorway"!!! You definitely are finding the charms in what could be an uncharming place :)

    Thanks for linking up!!
    www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com

    ReplyDelete