Tuesday, March 26, 2013

equality shouldn't be up for debate


I don't want to get married. It's my right to choose that, and when/if I decide to get married I should be allowed to marry the most amazing person I've ever had in my life without worrying about what states we have to stay in, or how many countless others are denied this right. I'm thankful I live in a state that recognizes same sex marriage. My rights, the rights of my girl friend, and our equalities shouldn't be an issue up for debate. It fills my heart with such sadness that we're still facing these issues as a nation, and as humans.

Lesbian, gay, bi, trans, or queer, no one should have the right to tell you you are any less than. Stay strong and always be better than.

xo

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Completely there with you.


    zuleyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 1000%. It makes me angry how stupid some people are. It doesn't matter what color, age, gender identity or sexual preference or anything - people should be allowed to celebrate their love and they should be able to get equal legal rights on paper. A spouse is a spouse, no matter what. Ugh. People drive me nuts. And the ones who are the worst are the ones who use Christianity to support their beliefs. Jesus was the biggest fucking liberal ever, okay? (Sorry...I got a bit worked up there.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest photos!
    It strikes as me literally retarded. Like. in the actual sense of the word. That this is still an issue at ALL in society today. Love is love. People need to get over themselves.

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete