Sunday, June 16, 2013

my vacation in mexico; finally

 Waiting for our first flight in the airport. Early mornings aren't my thing.
  Our room

The view out our back patio. 
 It's going to fall on us ahhh!
 We did paint your own pottery, which was probably my favorite ever. 
It took me 2 1/2 hours. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
 Lizard pals hanging around the property.

I wouldn't mind having a few more days spent on that beach, with that view. It was so relaxing to get away from it all. The resort we stayed at was all inclusive, which took a little getting used to. We found a few places that had decent food, and tried a little bit of everything. My favorite we didn't find until the last day was a Mexican restaurant, with amazing food. 

Each night we had to have "family" style dinners with everyone she works with. By the third night we were ready to have a quiet evening just the two of us. 

We also lived by one rule the whole trip.. "do as little as possible and plan nothing that wasn't planned for us." It worked out well. We laid on the cabana beds, watched the moon over the water at night, and even swam in the ocean past midnight.

I'm longingly looking into the future for my next vacation. 

xo

1 comment: