Sunday, January 25, 2015

2015: looking forward


Whenever a new year starts, I always make the decision to forfeit any idea of making a resolution and to instead focus on mini goals. Goals that perhaps I wasn't able to accomplish the year before, or just small things I'd like to do more of.

Since the start of January snuck up on me rather quickly, I haven't had much time to think of my personal goals. My business plans and goals for the upcoming year? I've had those squared away for some time now.

Which, ultimately, brings me to the number one personal goal I need to have this year.

Take more time out for myself

This past year I have barely traveled, I haven't finished an entire book, or even so much as kept up with blog postings. I essentially said fuck off to my own needs and solely focused on the needs of my business. I know part of it was needed to stay on top of running a successful business, especially in it's second year, but I'm really no good to myself or my business if I'm burnt out. Which I am ten fold.

I'm hoping this year I can focus on taking time out for myself and putting more energy into creative endeavors.

A new recipe a week 

I've put together a little recipe book and I'm really hoping to try at least a new recipe a week. Kh got me Thug Kitchen cookbook for Christmas, and I have successfully marked almost every page with a recipe I want to try. My pinterest is always overflowing with new recipes to try.

Try a new restaurant a month, go on more date nights, spend quality time with Kh

This is kind of a big duh after the first one. I've focused too much energy into work and not enough into my relationship. I'm a firm believer in taking care of yourself before being able to really nourish any other relationships in your life. 

A few other smaller goals?

* Grow my damn hair out (again) - I've got hair goals and they look something like Ariel from The Little Mermaid. The first step of that is I finally dyed my hair back to red. I'm a natural red head so it's not THAT crazy to be a red head. I just haven't had red hair in probably 5 years or more.

* Read a book a month - I've been working on the same book for about 6 months now. Yeah...
* Push myself to model more - With new people. I'm always happiest when I'm producing more work.
* Save more money and spend more money on myself - Hey, I work hard. I should be able to indulge in a new shirt or new shoes once in a while.
* Get the fuck out of town more often, including taking days off work - This is a biggy. We're going back to NYC in February (you guessed it, to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch). I'm only hoping the weather isn't freezing and our hotel room has a bathtub. However NYC is freezing in February and a bathtub is wishful thinking.

Ok, bring on 2015 and so long 2014!

xo
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment