Friday, January 17, 2014

Look at all the fucks I give: 2014


Ok so it's the New Year. Everything feels the same, and nothing really changes. Even if everyone around you is running to the gym, talking about their special diet plans or how they plan on making this the year of self improvement. Blah blah, it's all the same. Tomorrow is just as good of a day to start reaching your goals.

 I read this article recently and I decided to take my own stand of Fucks I Refuse to Give 2014. Naturally my favorite thing to do is not give a fuck, so it was pretty easy. See, that's my "Fucking kidding me?" face.

1. Exercise and eating healthy
one of the biggest resolutions people make every year is to start eating healthy and exercising more. Eh.. No thanks. I like to get Wendy’s French fries at least once a month, and that nap I’m going to take in the middle of my day definitely trumps any treadmill I’ve ever met.

2. Making moments count
There are moments that mean a lot, and then there are moments that just don’t mean crap. Trying to make the most out of running errands and spending countless hours in my car that smells like wet dog? Yeah, fuck that.

3. Being happy and positive all the time
I just don’t have it in me. Some days I’m nice, other days I’m not. Some days I couldn’t care less if the sun is shining, and really that’s just fine with me.

4. Swearing
Generally every other word out of my mouth is shit or fuck, and well shit I’m ok with that. I don’t need to have a squeaky clean vocabulary.

5. Liking everyone and being in social situations voluntarily
If you were to ask me what one of my least favorite, most hated, biggest feared activity is.. I’d tell you being in a social situation. I’m really terrible at small talk, most topics that come up for conversation bore the snot out of me, and my sarcasm is rarely ever gotten. I even get sweaty palms just thinking about talking to someone I don’t know very well. Why? Most of the time I just don’t like people. I don’t like hearing about their mundane job, water cooler chit chat, what new fad diet they’re trying out, or other bullshit people talk about to fill the void of silence.

6. Fitting in
My extreme distaste of social situations, mixed in with my avoidance to all colors other than black make it so I’ve always stood out a little from others. And eh who cares?

7. Being on time
I’ve always felt time is a man made concept, and I’ve always had a hard time basing my life around it. With work I’m very restricted by times. Having to get everything done in a certain time frame or meeting with clients at specific times, and I just hate it. So in my personal life I rebel and am always extremely early or extremely late.

8. My car
I drive a beaten up ’98 Corolla that my girl friend bought for $300. We’ve had it for almost 2 years now, and it gets me from point a to point b. I’m done feeling self conscious over how beat up it is. That big scratch down one side, and the giant dent in the other side.? Who the fuck cares? The fact I have to roll down the window to open the driver’s side? Oh well, shit happens. At least it’s cheap, and I drive dogs around in it all day so it doesn’t have to be perfect.

9. Guilt, feeling bad, or having to explain myself
Some days I’m really tired and I don’t want to do anything but space out. These days could even go on for two or three; I just need a little down time especially when I don’t have any guaranteed time off work. Some nights I don’t want to cook dinner, I just want to sit on my couch not making every moment count in my pajamas.

10. Wearing real pants
I’ve always hated wearing jeans, ever since I was a little kid. And this year I’m not going to make myself wear them if I don’t want to. So there.

11. Planning my future
I’m a shit planner, and I always make changes to my plans. So how the hell am I supposed to plan for a future Ill always end up changing my mind on?

12. Cleaning my house
I hate it. I’ll do a big clean once a month, and I’m done guilt tripping myself about not doing it more often.

13. Reading more
I love to read, but the more pressure I put on myself to read the less I read. I’ll read if I want to, and I won’t if I don’t want to.

14. Caring about my social life
I’m self employed, barely ever have a day off, and don’t ever know what my schedules going to be like tomorrow.. So planning to get together with friends isn’t easy, and usually it’s tiring. I don’t think it’s wrong that my social life is non-existent. Every year I try to change it, but this year I don’t give a shit. Pfffttt. 

So bring on this year. I'm turning 28, and my don't give a shit meter is filling up fast. 

xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment